POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : render depth/normal map with povray? : Re: render depth/normal map with povray? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:26:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: render depth/normal map with povray?
From: sirhenjo
Date: 15 Nov 2007 15:45:00
Message: <web.473cafc7fcd9bf9af721d5e80@news.povray.org>
Okay, thank you all. It seems that POV-Ray is indeed capable of doing it.
However, to make it really viable for me, I need some more functionality. During
the raycasting I want to make some extra checks.

For example, I have multiple objects in front of eachother with some space
between them. Instead of writing a depth map of the scene, letting rays end
whenever they hit any object, I may want to write the depth values of an
complete second object.

To achieve this I may need to let the ray keep till it hits the 3rd face,
ignoring the first 2 faces.

Is this possible at all?